- General Details
- Technical data
- Application Photos
- Related Products
The Sound Absorption Polyester fiber Slabs iZiFON are a new generation product made of 100% polyester fiber. The material consists of fine, long, polyester fibers of various deniers thermally bonded. Recycled materials are also used in the production and after the end of its life it can be recycled. Produced by industry certified with OEKO-TEX®.
Polyester fiber Slabs Applications
- Thermal insulation – sound Insulation between walls
- Sound absorbing surfaces
- Soundproofing Floating wooden floors
- Acoustic vertical baffles elements for air-ducts sound attenuators
- Construction οf Noise barriers
- Sound absorbing slabs for interiors (Acoustic Panels) covered with sound transparent fabric
iZiFON Polyester fiber slabs is an ideal sound-absorbing material for building, mechanical and industrial applications. It is also an ideal solution where sound-absorbing materials are required for music studios in interposition between plasterboard dry wall in masonry brick walls or in floating noise insulation ceilings.
Since there are no chemical components involved in the manufacturing process at any stage, it has self-extinguishing characteristics according to FMVSS 302:2011 (Certified by Bureau Veritas)
For better commercial support and documentation of the acoustics and other properties of iZiFON, we invested in conducting laboratory tests in recognized institutes.
Specifically, we measured and certified the following:
– Measurement of sound absorption both by the Kund tube method and the laboratory Reverbereration chamber method.
– Measurement of the thermal conductivity coefficient.
– Certification for exemption from VOCs and formaldehydes, with the aim of ensuring indoor air quality and meeting strict Community directives.
– Determination of fire resistance.
– Obtaining OEKOTEX certification from the local production factory.
Friendly for humans and the environment
iZiFON is a safe material and thanks to its composition it does not pose a risk to those suffering from asthma. Polyester fibers are non-toxic and non-allergic. It can be installed with bare hands and does not leave any itchy feeling to the installers. No gloves are required for handling it and it is 100% non-carcinogenic, thereby making it very user friendly. It is proof and odorless. By this way, it is very friendly and easy to install by technicians and installers. The fibers do not peel off during transport, installation or cutting.
iZiFON polyester fiber sound-absorbing materials are an ecological product, as the polyester fibers of which it is composed are 100% recyclable. Thus, taking into account that no chemicals are used in the production, an ecological character is maintained in favor of environmental protection.
Certified according to ISO 16000: Indoor air quality, VOC & Formaldehyde free by CSI-SpA Italy.
Sound Absorption Properties
- Thermal conductivity: λ10 = 0.039 W/m.K (for density 3 Kg/m³)
- Fire resistance: According to FMVSS 302:2011 (certified by Bureau Veritas)
- Indoor air quality: Certified according to ISO 16000: Indoor air quality, VOC & Formaldehyde free by CSI-SpA.
Helps to increase the transmission loss of walls and ceilings, and especially in light/dry construction
Noise reduction in a wide range of frequencies
Polyurethane foam panels that trap sound and reduce reverberation time.They offer increase sound absorption, reduce unwanted sound reflections, elimination of flutter echo, reduce room modes/standing waves, in music studios and acoustic sensitive spaces.