Vibration level measurements require experienced personnel and advanced acoustic measurement equipment. ALPHA ACOUSTIKI carries out measurements with 3-axial accelerometers, which can be executed in buildings and in mechanical or HVAC machinery (i.e. chilling units, air-conditioning units, gen-sets, boilers, HVAC etc) or industrial plants.
The anti-vibration control studies focus on reducing the created shocks by examining how the
vibrations are created and transferred through the air or the structures
The following indicators can be monitored and calculated depending on the vibration nature:
- RMS (Root Mean Square) weighted acceleration measured in (m/sec2)
- PPV (Peak particle velocity) PPV measured in m/sec
- vibration dose value (VDV measured in m/sec2 according to the standard BS 6472.
- Spectra analysis in 1/1 or 1/3 octave bands starting from 1 Hz
- FFT analysis and waterfall graph presentation of results.
There are various types of accelerometers for measuring vibrations depending on each application. In particular, our company is equipped with industrial type single-axis accelerometer and tri-axis accelerometer with high sensitivity (1V/g) for building vibration measurements.